Author: Westchester’s B3H+® Nutritionist Team
True “gorgeousness” is an inside job! This delicious organic green elixir is not only energy boosting and flavorful, it will dramatically improve your skin tone!
You are going to want to make this drink a part of your daily skincare routine and diet. We did the research for you to find the top superfoods to help improve skin tone. Our B3H+® functional nutritionists put an array of them into this easy-to-make, rich, skin nurturing smoothie. We promise you’ll love this mix of ingredients together.
Our B3H+® clients who drink this glowing skin smoothie daily, claim to notice difference in not only their energy, but skin tone too. And the best part? This dark green smoothie actually tastes amazing.
So quit spending so much money on laser treatments and anti-aging serums to improve your skin tone. Though they are important and helpful, we believe that the quickest way to glowing skin is not in your makeup bag. It is in your food!
What superfoods give this skin-nourishing smoothie such a healthy kick?
- The avocado. Don’t leave it out! Avocados hydrate the skin, bringing back that youthful appearance we all desire.
- The mangos contain carotenoids, which help your skin tone. Dermatologist recommend we eat carotenoids (also found in carrots and other colorful fruits and vegetables) help give a rosy glow to dull looking skin. Plus mangos contain vitamin C, which is key to the production of new collagen – giving skin its firmness and strength.
- Spinach is a nutrient dense super food, and helps with hormone balance by helping to flush toxins from the body. We recommend eating a variety of dark leafy greens daily for cleansing the liver of toxins and excess estrogen.
- Coconut water. 100% unsweetened coconut water is so nourishing for our skin. It’s incredibly hydrating and makes skin look more youthful and supple. If you are not a fan of coconut water, try Body Ecology’s® Coco Biotic naturally fermented, pure coconut water. It has a fantastic, smooth, nutty flavor, plus contains gut friendly bacteria.
- Flax seeds. If you’re replacing a meal with this smoothie, try adding milled flax seeds. Your skin needs these omega-3 oils to stay hydrated and smooth.
One more thing…
Don’t add sugar of any kind! There is no added sugar in this smoothie recipe because it is sweet enough from the fruit. Mangoes, which are a tropical fruit (which tend to be sweeter than non-tropical) are already plenty sweet, so there is no need for anything more.
For gorgeous skin and energy that just won’t quit, start your day this tasty smoothie.
1 packet B3H+® Lean Body Protein Powder
2 cups organic baby spinach
2 organic carrots, chopped
½ cup organic mango, fresh or frozen
1 tsp milled flaxseeds
½ lemon, juiced or can substitute with lime
1 cup unsweetened coconut water
1 tablespoon of collagen powder
2 cups water
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Get Articles and Recipes sent to your inbox to keep you motivated! Lose Weight with B3H+®.
FREE DOWNLOAD - Your Copy of 10 Days to Balanced Hormones, with 10 Tasty Smoothie Recipes