Literally dozens of hormones circulate in our bodies as chemical messengers carrying powerful instructions for triggering all types of important bodily functions, including whether we crave sweets and carbohydrates, store fat or over eat. What many of us are still learning is that weight loss and maintenance is about balancing hormones, not about restricting calories or having ironclad willpower. Up until recently, what we have been taught about losing weight and dieting has been misleading us, making us fatter and sicker.
In order to change our bodies (and our outlook) we must understand how diet and lifestyle affect our hormones, particularly our metabolic regulating hormones: estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, growth hormones, ghrelin, leptin, thyroid, cortisol and insulin. Hormone education is crucial to understanding how these chemical messengers function and why they malfunction. The absence of such knowledge inevitably leads to more weight gain, joint pain, inflammation, fatigue, and metabolic mayhem. Failure to recognize the importance of hormones can even negatively impact our closest relationships.
Furthermore, when these hormones go haywire, your body attempts to adjust by changing their levels, which ultimately slows of your metabolism – especially after age 40. No matter what you do, if your metabolism is broken, you will not be able to lose weight, and will likely only get fatter as you age. So, if you want to lose weight, you have to know how to heal and restore your body’s delicate hormone balance.
The good news is that there is another far more lasting approach than the other restrictive, calorie counting DIE-T. You can turn this problem around in just a few weeks with the Westchester County-based Balance 3H+® Program. Based on leading scientific research, B3H+® is Dr. Siobhan Kealy’s premiere medical weight loss program for premenopausal and menopausal women over 40. Regardless of shape, size or ethnicity, B3H+® offers women natural solutions for many of the dreaded hormone imbalances and symptoms that seem inevitable with age.
Dr. Kealy, along with a team of some of the country’s top health and hormone experts, are changing diets, waistlines, hormones and metabolism one woman at a time. This 3 phase, 8-week program focuses on offering science-based, natural dietary solutions and holistic remedies to repair a woman’s body and rebalance her hormones.
First, to determine a woman’s hormone levels, B3H+®created the industry’s most comprehensive hormone panel of tests, appropriately named Health 365. It is the first of its kind to use mathematical analysis of DNA and hormones. With the Health 365 report, our doctors analyze the genetic markers and blood values that make up your body’s chemistry, and isolate imbalances and their underlying causes. Then, we deliver a customized report and reveal the next steps for living the healthy and vibrant life you desire. This is what makes B3H+®so unique and what gives you the results. There is no one-size-fits-all approach here!
What Causes These Hormonal Imbalances?
For a multitude of reasons, women impose so much pressure on themselves to be superwomen, all while remaining smart, slim, sane and sexy. From working mothers to stay at home moms, CEOs, community leaders, volunteers, and family caretakers, all of us are unknowingly (or maybe knowingly) at a disadvantage when it comes to getting fat. Women are highly sensitive to the ravages of the “do more, be more” mentality of today.
Consequently, feelings of stress are literally turning your hormones against you. (1) Stress causes hormones to misfire. As a result, this leads to a downward spiral with eventual inflammation and a broken metabolism. This is when women notice tell-tale signs like excess fat storage, particularly around the abdomen, fatigue, intense cravings, mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats and interrupted sleep. (2)
It’s Not Your Fault
However, do not despair if you are struggling to get and stay lean! It’s not your fault, it’s your hormones to blame. B3H+® has a proven formula that’s had amazing results for thousands of women between the ages of 40 and 60. These women are done struggling with feeling fat, bloated, inflamed, hungry, sick and fatigued. The best part is that every day, more and more women are discovering the Balance 3H Plus® premiere medical weight loss program, and are restoring their hormonal harmony, shedding excess weight and are at home in their bodies and mind again.
How B3H+® Works
“Oh no!”, you say, “This sounds difficult. Do I really need a physiology degree to understand the role hormones play in making me store unsightly fat?” The answer is, “NO!”. We have simplified it for you. The physiological changes that occur in midlife affect your body’s estrogen and progesterone levels (creating decreases in both, at different times, throughout this period). The changing estrogen and progesterone levels disrupt three other very important hormones, which can wreak havoc on your hourglass waistline, as follows:
- GHRELIN comes from your stomach, increases your sense of hunger, and slows down your metabolism and fat-burning ability. Additionally, ghrelin levels increase during menopause and cause insatiable hunger.(3)
- LEPTIN is produced by fat cells while you sleep, and binds to receptors in your brain that tell your brain that you are satiated. LEPTIN has the ability to shut down your appetite and increase your calorie-burning process. Furthermore, it decreases during menopause and the decline in leptin production is the biggest predictor of weight gain. (4)
- CORTISOL is the stress hormone that is elevated when you become particularly sensitive to stress.(5) Estrogen and progesterone are ANTI-CORTISOL hormones. So, without estrogen and progesterone, the menopausal female becomes acutely susceptible to stressors.
So, when these hormones (and others, like insulin) are working in coherent with each other, you’ll eat until you are 80% full, and experience more energy and less cravings. Your brain will hear your hormone signals loudly and clearly.
The results will be astonishing and look something like this:
- Your body fat percentage and weight will go down.
- Your favorite jeans will no longer look like skinny jeans, but baggy jeans.
- You’ll have more time to spend with others, since you won’t have to work out as long.
- You’ll sleep longer and better.
- Cravings vanish, and you will go longer between meals without feeling famished.
And last — but certainly not least – YOU WILL NEVER FEEL LIKE A SLAVE TO DIETING AGAIN! So, if you want to lose that spare tire, have an abundance of energy and feel better about the way you look, you have to heal your body from the inside by finding more BALANCE!
REMEMBER: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT, IT’S YOUR HORMONES, AND YOU CAN RECLAIM YOUR YOUTHFUL SHAPE AND SIZE — AND YOUR HEALTH AGAIN!
Author: Dr. Siobhan Kealy
- Dallman, M.F. et al. Chronic stress and obesity: a new view of “comfort food”. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100, 11696–11701 (2003).
- Bowers, R.R. et al., Sympathetic innervation of white adipose tissue and its regulation of fat cell number. Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol. 286, R1167–R1175 (2004).
- E. Cummings, et al., Plasma ghrelin levels and hunger scores in humans initiating meals voluntarily without time- and food-related cues. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287: E297–E304 (2004).
- Kelesidis, Theodore et al., Narrative Review: The Role of Leptin in Human Physiology: Emerging Clinical Applications. Annals of internal medicine 152.2 (2010): 93–100.
- Henckens, Marloes J. A. G. et al., Interindividual Differences in Stress Sensitivity: Basal and Stress-Induced Cortisol Levels Differentially Predict Neural Vigilance Processing under Stress. Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience11.4 (2016): 663–673.
Get Articles and Recipes sent to your inbox to keep you motivated! Lose Weight with B3H+®.
FREE DOWNLOAD - Your Copy of 10 Days to Balanced Hormones, with 10 Tasty Smoothie Recipes